Truth in Recruiting
What are some alternatives to the military that can help fund your college education or what else is out there besides college?
The Options Folder developed by WNPJ and TAME contents can be viewed here. We have distributed over 200 of these folders to Wisconsin high schools thanks to support from around the state and gave them directly to guidance counselors at the Wisconsin Counselors Association conference. Many of the links below are in the folder. If you want to see if your local high school has received a copy click here.... (pdf)
- Wisconsin Employment Projection 2006-2016 (pdf) - Look inside for the best job prospects! (produced by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development (DWD))
- AFSC's Making the Connection Between High School and Great Jobs, Careers, and Futures (pdf)
- Center on Conscience & War's Job Links
- Wisconsin's Youth Options Programs (developed by the Department of Public Instruction)
- Wisconsin's youth options program allows public high school juniors and seniors who meet certain requirements to take postsecondary courses at a UW institution, a Wisconsin technical college, one of the state's participating private nonprofit institutions of higher education, or tribally-controlled colleges. Approved courses count toward high school graduation and college credit.
- The program opens the door to greater learning opportunities for motivated students considering a technical career, wishing to begin college early, or preparing themselves to enter the workforce immediately after high school graduation.
- Skilled Trades and Union Apprenticeships
- Wisconsin Technical Colleges Information